SAY Women is a charity which supports young women (16-25yr olds) who are homeless, or at risk of, due to sexual abuse.
The Impact Fund has played a crucial role in the support of our charity.
The investment from Impact Funding Partners has contributed to the development of what we call sessional support. Employing staff on an adhoc basis to support our young women in our accommodation unit.
The adhoc support is needed to break down the dependency on the staff who give emotional support, and to introduce activities and events to inspire and motivate our young women. Events have included lots of engaging activities such as visits to pantomimes and playing 10 pin bowling amongst others.
Working with Impact Funding Partners has been a really beneficial experience in a number of ways:
- Arranging and facilitating workshops to grow learning
- Arranging and facilitating networking opportunities within their funded organisations
- Providing support on an individual basis
- Working through a database for other relevant funder opportunities
- Arranging and facilitating cluster meetings to work on themes with other charities
- Facilitating communication via Slack with posts of up to date information
- Being empathetic to the challenges facing the third sector but balancing that with asking for accountability and evidence of the value of the investment.
I would welcome the opportunity to work with Impact Funding Partners again in the future. A forward thinking, supportive, developing and innovative funder.